Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Isolated skip nodal metastasis is rare in T1 and T2 oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012; 147: 275
- Anatomic-histologic study of the floor of the mouth: The lingual lymph nodes.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2015; 45: 547
- Sonographic detection of a lingual node metastasis from early squamous cell cancer of the tongue.J Clin Ultrasound. 2018; 46: 69
- Anatomy of the Human Lymphatic System.Ann Arbor, MI: Edwards Brother, Inc.,1938
- Metastasis to the lingual lymph node in carcinoma of the tongue.J Maxillofac Surg. 1985; 13: 277
- Lingual lymph nodes: Anatomy, clinical considerations, and oncological significance.World J Clin Oncol. 2020; 11: 337
- Metastatic lymph node burden and survival in oral cavity cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 3601
- Lingual lymph nodes in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue and the floor of the mouth.Head Neck. 2018; 40: 2383
- Lingual lymph node metastases as a prognostic factor in oral squamous cell carcinoma-a retrospective multicenter study.Medicina (Kaunas). 2021; 57: 374
- Metastases to the lingual nodes in tongue cancer: A pitfall in a conventional neck dissection.Auris Nasus Larynx. 2010; 37: 386
- Compartmental tongue surgery: Long term oncologic results in the treatment of tongue cancer.Oral Oncol. 2011; 47: 174
- Lateral lingual lymph node metastasis in tongue cancer and the clinical classification of lingual lymph nodes.J Jpn Soc Head Neck Surg. 2016; 26: 71
- Value of lingual lymph node metastasis in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue.Laryngoscope. 2019; 129: 2527-2530
- The lingual lymph node identified as a sentinel node on CT lymphography in a patient with cN0 squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue.Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2012; 41: 254
- Metastatic cancer to the floor of mouth: The lingual lymph nodes.Head Neck. 2003; 25: 341
- Lymphatics of the submandibular space: An anatomic, clinical, and pathologic study with applications to floor-of-mouth carcinoma.Laryngoscope. 1998; 108: 206
- Sonographic detection of a metastatic lingual lymph node in a patient with tongue cancer.J Clin Ultrasound. 2020; 48: 343
- Prognostic significance of extranodal extension in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma with occult neck metastases.Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2021; 50: 309
- Extracapsular spread in oral squamous cell carcinoma.Head Neck. 2010; 32: 714
- Medial lingual lymph node metastasis in carcinoma of the tongue.Auris Nasus Larynx. 2020; 47: 158
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of Interest Disclosures: The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to declare with respect to research, authorship, and publication of this article.
Source of Funding: This study was not funded by any agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.